Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2-Step Bird Punch Christmas Cardinal

Here is another card we made at my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack this past weekend. The idea of using the 2-step bird punch to make a cardinal isn't mine; I think I first saw it on Becky Jensen's blog. I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to draw in the detail on the bird's face, and a white gel pen for the eye. A bit of sponging around the edges of the bird adds depth, and the point on his head is simply another wing stuck behind the head. I found that the weight of the grosgrain ribbon didn't work well for this ruffled ribbon treatment; it lifted off the adhesive after a few days, so I changed the look of the ribbon to a knot for the class.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Contempo Christmas
Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Early Espresso, Old Olive
Accessories: 2-Step Bird Punch, Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Signo White Gel Pen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails