Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shutter Card



I made this shutter card for my hubby, who's celebrating his birthday today. Anyone who knows him knows that he's a big kid at heart, so I went with All in the Family to stamp the image on the front of the card. He loves soccer, so I added the ball, along with the party hat and balloons from the coordinating All in the Family Accessories set. If you look closely, you'll see that I made the grass "fringe" by cutting repeatedly into the top of the Certainly Celery piece with my paper snips. The "Best Wishes" greeting inside the card is from the Cute & Curly bundle; if you've been thinking about getting this bundle, act NOW because it's on the Last Chance List which means that it'll be gone after June 30! This shutter card was really fun to make! It uses a 5 1/2 x 12'' piece of cardstock and fits in a regular envelope; I found a video tutorial on it here at Dawn Griffiths' site.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails