Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun with Fifth Avenue Floral



Here are a couple of Mother's Day cards I made using Fifth Avenue Floral. I love the clean lines of the images from this set. I got the inspiration for the first card from the Stampin' Up magazine I receive monthly (just one of the perks of being a demo!). I stamped the white rose with Whisper White craft ink and embossed it with detail white embossing powder. Although I've seen this set used in many beautiful cards with the images overlapping, I wanted to get the look of a "clean" bouquet. To do so, I stamped the rose on scrap cardstock, cut it out, and laid it over the stamped rose I used for the card before I stamped the surrounding blue flowers. That way, any overlapping lines ended up on the scrap piece of cardstock, giving the card its clean look. The sentiment above is from "One of a Kind" and the one below is from "Botanical Blooms." I thought it was a fitting sentiment for mothers, who so often put their families and kids before themselves.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh Monica! this is SO pretty!!!! I LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails